Thursday, April 8, 2010

MAC- Northern Illinois

Chad Spann, RB, Jr- Spann shows good balance and vision, but he’s just too light in the legs and up top to get tough yards. I’d like to see if he can bulk up a bit but still maintain his burst. He looks like a nice compliment back for a zone blocking team, as he has that one cut quickness and steadiness to stay up and get yards.

Eddie Adamski, OC, Sr- Adamski looks like he may be worth a very late draft pick or even bringing in as an undrafted free agent. He has good lateral quickness, he can get to the second level quickly, and he does a good job of staying balanced once he gets there. He’s got to get stronger though as he can get muscled off the ball, but he has enough there that I think he’s worth a shot as a developmental player.

Jason Onyebuagu, LG, Sr- I think Onyebuagu will be a very nice sleeper pick. In fact, he’s the local guy that I want to do well. I wish I would have seen more tape on him this year, but what I did see of him showed very good promise. Onyebuagu is big and strong, and gets a very good push off the ball in the run game. What surprised me is that he has very quick feet for a man his size. And what put him over the top for me is that he never stops blocking down field. If the runner gets past the first level, he keeps on chasing the play looking for someone to hit. He does a good job of keeping a wide base against LBs and ripping through to make the block. He’s your typical blue-collar guard prospect that should go late in the draft but may end up being a dependable starter for 10+ years in the league. I’m not saying he will be a future Pro Bowler, but from the limited things I saw I think he’s got NFL starting ability.

Brandon Bice, DE, Sr- Bice is right in line with your typical MAC undersized DL prospect. He’s going to have to move to rush OLB at the next level, but I think he’s someone worth working with as a late round pick. He has good speed around the edge and he never gives up on the play. He’d make a solid special teams player as well.

Cory Hanson, OLB, Sr- Hanson is very undersized for LB, and he’s going to have an uphill battle to make an NFL roster. Pluses for him are that he has good speed and he seems to be able to blitz well, but the minus is that he’s almost relegated to the safety position at the next level (where he may not have the speed to play). If he does make a team, it’s going to be as a life long special teams player.

No comments:

Post a Comment