Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pac-10- Oregon State

James Rodgers, WR, Jr- Rodgers is very undersized, has good speed, but to me seems nothing more than a gimmick player. He’s dangerous as a retuner, and is dangerous with the ball in the open field, but I don’t think he’s going to make an impact at the next level because of his physical limitations. He has another year to prove me wrong though.

Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, So- The same goes for James’ brother Jacquizz. He has great feet, where he can change directions and make people miss with very little wasted motions, but he’s completely taken out of the game if you force him to run north-south.

Sean Canfield, QB, Sr- The more I saw of Canfield through the post-season bowl games and Combine workouts the more I liked him less. He is fairly accurate, has just an alright arm, but is streaky and inconsistent with his footwork. He should get drafted as a third QB by some team in the very late round, but at this point several other Senior QB prospects have moved past him in my opinion making him a potential undrafted free agent.

Damola Adeniji, WR, Sr- Adeniji has very good size, is a good route runner, and has very good hands. He can leap and position himself as well. I want to see what his straight line speed is, as he takes a bit of time to get to top speed, which could be due to his long legs. I have not seen or heard anything more from him so either I gauged him wrong, he’s a super sleeper, or he’s only a rs Sr which means he is coming back next season.

Gregg Peat, RG, Sr- Peat plays too high, which is a shame as he gets good push even though he uses almost all upper body and no legs. He may be a decent late round pick to work on with a good line coach, but he needs a lot of work.

Keaton Kristick, OLB, Sr- I absolutely love Kristick! His technique is absolutely phenomenal, which is what really sold me on him as a prospect. He’s a bit undersized, but he makes up for it with outstanding instincts and great form. I think he’s versatile enough to play several LB positions, and I want this guy on my team. He’s a football player, and I don’t care what his combine numbers are, his film says he’s the real deal. His field awareness and technique make him NFL ready.

Stephen Paea, DT, Jr- Paea has the potential to be one of the top DTs in next year’s draft. He is extremely disruptive, gets great penetration, and can wreck havoc in both phases. I’d like to see him get stronger, and if he can do that, I think he can be a top half of the draft player next year. He’s definitely one of the better DT prospects I saw this year, so even if he stays static next year he’s still got first round ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment