Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mountain West- TCU

Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, Sr- Hughes did everything right in coming back for his Senior year. He got stronger at the point and was more of a force against the run. There is no question in my mind that Hughes is a future impact pass rusher at the next level. With his performance at the Combine, I think his stock is rising very fast. He looked incredibly smooth in the LB drills, which wasn’t too much of a surprise to me, but he performed even better than I expected. I think he should be the first rush OLB off the board and any team that gets him will get an immediate presence in the pass rush.

Daryl Washington, LB, Sr- Washington was very raw last year and more athlete than football player, and like Hughes, he made a big turn in his Senior year. He was much more complete, even though he still needs some refinement on his technique. He was definitely playing out of position as well in the middle. He’s undersized and his game is based on speed, so he’s a much better fit moving to the outside.

Marshall Newhouse, OT, Sr- Newhouse is not a LT because his feet are not good enough. He has good short area quickness though and is a road-grader in the run game. I think he can make the transition to OG easily at the next level, but he’s not a guy I would reach for until the 4th or 5th round.

No comments:

Post a Comment