Thursday, March 11, 2010

ACC- Wake Forest

Brandon Ghee, CB, Sr- I did not see much Wake Forest tape this year, but I saw an awful lot last year. Ghee was always serviceable, and I thought he was made to look a bit better the previous three years as he had top shelf corner Alphonso Smith playing opposite of him. I think Ghee has some potential as he has good recovery speed, but the problem I have seen is that he has to use this to often (which means he’s being beaten by the initial move of the receiver). You can’t make it in the NFL playing in the trail position at corner unless you have Chris Johnson type speed. Ghee is fast, but not that fast. I think he’d make a nice value pick in the late third round though as he has some potential to start or at worst play the nickel role well. I do have to say that many of these same comments I made from watching him play during the season showed up during practice and in the game at the Senior Bowl.

Riley Skinner, QB, Sr- Skinner is the classic game manager. He simply does not have the physical size to make it at the next level. He may catch on as an undrafted free agent on someone’s practice squad, but even that is a bit of a reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment