Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big 12- Texas A&M

Matt Moss, DE/OLB Sr- I really like Moss’s motor, but he’s undersized. The problem is I don’t think he’s athletic enough to play the rush OLB either. He’s just a blue collar, never quit, effort guy, and I like that. He will make it somehow, I have no doubt, but it will be an uphill battle.

Von Miller, DE/OLB, So- I’m not going to believe the hype I have heard this season on Miller. He’s a complete one trick pony and just uses outside speed. He’s too small as well, so a good tackle can get a hand on him and completely neutralize him. The good news is he’s coming back next year, so I hope he gets stronger, and works on a counter move and a secondary pass rush move. If he can show progress, I may be willing to change my thoughts slightly.

Jordan Pugh, FS, Sr- I actually like Pugh. He’s a good wrap up tackler, and he does a good job of staying in position. I’m interested to go back and see how he performed at the combine, as I think he’s a guy who will slip through the cracks and make a nice value pick late.

Michael Shumard, OG, Sr- I thought Shumard was undraftable as a tackle prospect (he was the starting LT for the Aggies), but maybe the move to guard for this game will help him out. I’m still not hopeful about his chances, but the change in position may be all that he needs to sneak into the late rounds.

Kevin Matthews, OC, Sr- Matthews comes with the pedigree to be great, as he is the son of HOF OL Bruce Matthews, but I didn’t see enough from him in games to think he’s more than a late round developmental prospect. He shows good technique, which which would be expected, but he did not have the anchor to hold up against the bigger DTs I saw him play against. He’s worth a shot as a versatile guy who can play multiple positions and you won’t have to teach him how to play the role (you just have to bulk him up).

Lee Grimes, RT, Sr- I don’t think Grimes is draftable.

Howard Morrow, WR, Sr- Morrow showed some good speed, but only made one play in the games I watched him. I think he may have some upside as a number three receiver, but he’s a late rounder at best.

Jamie McCoy, TE, Sr- McCoy has good upside. He’s a former receiver so he’s a good pass catching threat. He still needs work on how to block and play the position from a three-point stance, but he’s got something that a team can work with and will get a good value in the last few rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment