Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big Ten- Michigan State

Greg Jones, MLB, Jr- I’m very surprised to see Jones come back considering this is a fairly weak inside LB class. Jones showed the improvements I wanted to see in him. He did a better job of taking on blocks with his hands and shedding them instead of always using his speed to run around them. With another year of strength training, I think Jones can push his way up into the top 15 range. He’s an absolute tackling machine, he can fit as a MLB or an ILB, and he can blitz. He’s a sideline to sideline playmaker, and I’m a huge fan.

Blair White, WR, Sr- I was not a huge fan of White going in to the post-season all star games, but he’s growing on me. I saw him use his body far too often to make catches during the season, but he always seemed to be able to make plays. It’s still one of the things that absolutely turns me off of receivers very quickly. Having said this, White has made a bit of a 180. He showed very solid hands in the Shrine game, and he was one of the few WRs who stood out in the game. He added to that by looking very smooth in the gauntlet drills at the Combine, catching the ball smoothly with his hands. I still don’t think he’s more than say a 3-5th rounder, but he has some upside (especially in the slot).

No comments:

Post a Comment