Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big Ten- Michigan

Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Sr- I really like Graham. He isn’t the tallest end, so he reminds me of Dwight Freeney. Because he’s short in stature, he gets good leverage. He shows a very strong initial punch, and has a fantastic bull rush (his strongest pass rush move in my opinion). He also does a very good job of knocking the tackles off balance and then swimming or ripping past them. He can anchor the edge and is solid against the run, and he’s close to being what I would call an elite pass rusher. He could fit in a 3-4 as an OLB, but I think he’d also make a good cover-2 rush end with his ability to stack the line against the run. He’s a first rounder without question.

Stevie Brown, LB, Sr- Brown is too small to play LB, but very fast. Because he’s a tweener, he will either have to show the hips and speed to play SS in the NFL, or put some bulk on and stay at WLB. Either way, he’s a developmental prospect and special teamer.

Donovan Warren, CB, Jr- I have no idea why Warren came out early. In the games I saw, he was very busy getting beaten by guys like Michael Floyd. With slow 40 times at the Combine and his Pro Day, I think Warren’s stock will slide heavily and he will wish he came back for his Senior year. I don’t think I’d go any higher than the late fourth round.

Obi Ezah, MLB, Sr- Eah gets lost in the trash too much and disappears from play to play. He’s a late rounder at the best but I would lean more toward him being undraftable.

Jonas Mouton, WLB, Sr- Mouton showed some promise. He’s best fit as an OLB in the 4-3, but he showed he can rush the passer and is fast enough to cover in the pass game as well. I’m not sure of a solid draft grade Mouton though, as I didn’t see enough on him to feel good about a certain round.

Tate Forcier, QB, true Fr- Forcier has a bright future. He is very good throwing on the run, but looks uncomfortable as a pocket passer. Forcier fits well in this spread option offense, but it does not translate to the pros well. He has at least two more years to prove me wrong, but I don’t think he’s an NFL QB. Good athlete though who may fit well at another position if he can’t improve.

Brandon Minor, RB, Sr- Minor shows good initial burst, but runs a bit upright. He’s not special, but a decent running back. I’d take him in the middle rounds and be happy with him as a back up.

Greg Mathews, WR, Sr- Mathews is a decent receiving prospect. He runs good routes and has good hands. Seems a bit small though, which is a concern. I also question his deep speed as he doesn’t seem to be able to run away from anyone.

Carlos Brown, RB, Sr- Good hands for a RB and can make plays in space. Built closer to the ground, with good leg movement, so he gets tough yards. Like Minor, he’s not special, but he’s a solid back who is effective in the pass and run games so he’s valuable.

Mark Ortmann, LT, Sr- Ortmann is a solid prospect as a pass protector as he has very good feet. He is all finesse though as he cannot get movement off the line in the run game, and he does have the tendency to get knocked back by the initial punch of the lineman. His feet will get him drafted a bit higher than I would probably think, somewhere in the mid rounds, but he’s going to need time to get stronger and bigger.

Stephen Schilling, LG, Sr- I’m not too impressed with Schilling. He’s serviceable in both aspects of the offense, but he’s just not someone who looks like they stand out. He’s draftable as a back up, but not til the late rounds.

David Moosman, RG, Sr- Moosman is a local boy, from Libteryville, so I want to root for him just based on that. Moosman doesn’t get enough credit for his ability to open holes in the run game. He gets movement off the line, and does a good job of walling off the second level to open up running lanes. He’s a guard, and not one that I would say is a high level player, but I could see him fighting his way into someone’s lineup.

Zoltan Mesko, P, Sr- He’s a punter. He looks decent, but nothing that makes me think he’s worth anything more than a 6th or 7th round pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment