Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In honor of Kit Harley

Unfortunately, I lost a good friend this past weekend. Kit Harley was someone I worked with for the past almost eight years. He and I were part of a small group of guys who were young, driven, had a common love of sports, shared stories of DIII college athletics lore, and were stupid enough to spend more time together at work than we probably wanted.

After a courageous and valiant fight against brain cancer over the past three years, Kit passed away Saturday. As a token of my friendship, I’d ask that any of you reading this please give back for any joy this silly little draft Web site may have brought you by donating to the foundation built in his honor: Harley Helping Hands (www.harleyhelpinghands.com).

I learned a lot of lessons from Kit’s brave fight, and one of them will be to not sweat the small stuff. At 33 with a young child and another on the way, one of the only ways I can make sense of this loss and to honor his memory is by putting a post on my site in his honor.

So, I please ask to give what you can to help support a local charity that truly means something to me. The Harley Helping Hands foundation is 501 (c)(3) certified, and as an added bonus, I will offer the following to those that donate:

If you donate up to $50, you can send me a question through my e-mail address or via the comments section and I will answer it via a post. You will also get your name forever etched in the blogosphere. If you donate more than $50, I will let you post your own Mock Draft with any comments you may want to add.

So once you’ve donated, please let me know via the comments section or via my email address at cwsemenchuk@hotmail.com

You are missed already Kit.

1 comment: