Sunday, February 22, 2009

GMAC Bowl: Tulsa vs Ball State

Ball State:

Nate Davis, QB– I think Davis made a mistake in coming out early, even with a poor QB class this year. His height is a big concern to me, as was his ball security at the end of the year. He dropped the ball while tucking an running, and I’m guessing it’s an issue with his hand size. It may sound trivial, but that’s a big thing in the NFL. If you can’t properly grip the ball, you’ll be susceptible to passes fly out of your hand, and DL can strip the ball easier. His arm seems to be good enough, but his accuracy isn’t the greatest. He’s very accurate on the short to intermediate routes, but inaccurate on the deep ball. I’m not huge fan of Davis and I personally don’t think he’s starter material. He might make a solid back up, but I wouldn’t take the risk on him before the 4th or 5th round.

There was no one else in this game worth mentioning, as I didn’t feel many others were draft worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment