Monday, February 16, 2009

Music City Bowl: Florida Atlantic vs Central Michigan

Florida Atlantic:

Frantz Joseph, LB – There weren’t many pro prospects on this FAU team, but Joseph is probably the closest thing. He has very good speed and athleticism, but HORRIBLE instincts. I’m of the mind that good athletes do not always make good football players, and I think this is case in point. I’m sure Joseph will be drafted for said athleticism, but he’s never going to be more than a special teams player (if that).

Central Michigan:

Dan LeFevour, QB- I shouldn’t speak ill of a fellow IL resident, but I’m not a fan of LeFevour. To me, he’s in the mold of a poor-man’s Tim Tebow. He’s a decent athlete that has produced good numbers at the MAC level, but he’s not a pro QB. His arm is not strong enough, and he’s not accurate either. He’ll get Heisman hype going in to next year, but he’s nothing more than a good mid-level college QB.

Andrew Hartline, OT- Hartline is a very interesting prospect. His feet look good and his pass pro is very solid. He needs to work on keeping a wider base with his feet, especially in the run game where he can come off his blocks too easily. I don’t think he will get much recognition, but he’s a solid prospect. I wouldn’t go after him until the later rounds, but I think he has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment